Salary: Up to £29k p.a
Our purpose built building has 2 quite distinct care units all on the one level. We are able to provide both residential and nursing without the need for people to change rooms or homes.
The home provides dementia nursing care from a group of highly skilled and specialist nursing staff and on a short or long term basis allowing carers to take break when needed while also providing full time care to those who need it.
The great care provided is down to the motivated and dedicated team of staff who are always on hand to help. We go beyond the 'National Standards for Care Homes for Older People' caring about every detail of residents' lives including health, diet, exercise, hobbies and social activities. Our aim is to ensure that all our residents continue enjoying life, receiving the very highest standard of care.
Senior Team Leader – Nursing Home
Health Care Assistants, Senior Health Care Assistant
Other Registered Nurses, Care, Housekeeping and Catering staff
Under the general direction of the Senior Nurse-in-
Charge and in collaboration with other nursing staff, the 1st
Level Nurse assesses, plans, implements and evaluatean appropriate programme of nursing care for patients who are frail, elderly and younger physically disabled people.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
1. Provides leadership and general supervision of all activities of nursing staff relating to the nursing care of patients.
2. Assesses plans, implements and evaluates patientcare, based on a nursing model of care.
3. Develops Care Plans in collaboration with the patient, relatives and other staff members. Regularly reviews and updates plans.
4. Carries out nursing procedures and treatments, including the administration of medicines and controlled drugs according to Nursing Home Standards and Policy and following NMC guidelines.
5. Assists in the orientation of new staff and in the induction and training of students and nursing auxiliary staff
6. Assists in the promotion and implementation of good management practices throughout the Nursing Home and readily assumes team leadership responsibilities, including monitoring of practice and performance appraisal.
7. Develops and maintains good working relationships with Community GP’s, Community Nurses, Social Workers and area hospital staff.
9. Assumes responsibilities of Senior Nurse-in-Charge on a temporary basis, as required.
10. Keeps up to date with new Government legislation and Health Authority Regulations relating to the operation of Nursing Homes.
11. Agrees to take reasonable care of own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or do not do.